Male and female applicants who meet the selection criteria for this scholarship program are selected for PhD scholarships in order to complete their degree program at one of the top 50 ranked universities in the world. Foreign Ph.D. The scholarship program has been developed by the Government of Punjabi. The primary focus of the scholarship program is on deserving students in the state of Punjab. However, a specific quota has also been made for applicants from other federal units in Pakistan.
Prime Minister Merit Scholarship Scheme 2023
A special quota has also been set aside for other provinces, including AJK, Gilgit Baltistan (GB), FATA, and Islamabad Capital Territory. Students from Punjab will be given preference (ICT). The Prime Minister Merit Scholarship 2023 is open to Pakistani nationals who have submitted applications to one of the top 50 universities in the world according to QS.
An offer of valid PhD admission in desired subject areas from one of the top 50 universities (by subject) in the world (QS ranking) (www.peef.org.pk/cmms).
• A GPA of at least 60% throughout the academic track.
• Declared family income (including himself, spouse, and his parents) of PKR 200,000 or less per month.
• You have not received a foreign scholarship before.
• The scholarship cannot be carried over to the next year. It must be accepted in the year in which it is submitted.
How to apply?
- Apply online at www.peef.org.pk/cmms.
- Both men and women who are citizens of Pakistan are eligible to apply.
- At the time of application, the age of the applicant cannot exceed 35 years.
Preferred Areas for Prime Minister Merit Award
Preferred subject areas:
|key area||specialty (subject areas for the QS classification)|
|engineering technique||Low cost housing architecture|
|Electrical and Electronic Engineering Photovoltaic Engineering Mechatronics Modeling Engineering Energy Engineering|
|Mechanical, aeronautical and manufacturing engineering|
|Life sciences and medicine||Biological Sciences Nanobiology Bioprocessing Computational Biology|
|3. Natural Sciences||Physics and Astronomy Photonics Biophysics and Nanotechnology Plasma Physics Device Manufacturing|
|Earth and marine sciences|
|Nanochemistry, material chemistry, physical chemistry, organic chemistry|
|Geography 1) GIS|
|4. Social Sciences and Humanities / Arts||Economics and Econometrics Environmental Economics Water Economics Energy Economics Health Economics Education Economics Urban Economics Public Finance Law Cyber Laws International Laws Forensic Laws Legislative Drafting Political and International Studies China Studies Sociology Demographic Statistics Sampling Statistics Arts and Design English Language and Literature History Historiography Linguistics Communication and Media Studies Social Media Industry|
Discipline-wise allocation of scholarships
- Science-related fields are awarded 80% of the available scholarships.
- 20% of the scholarships are allocated to the social sciences, humanities, and arts.
Geographical distribution of scholarships
- Scholarships have been made available to Punjabi students.
- 10% of scholarships available to other federal entities of Pakistan.