Roshan Digital Account initiative was taken by Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan on September 10, 2020 for overseas Pakistanis. The accounts are easily opened and maintained in many Pakistani commercial or public banks by the selected foreigner Pakistani clients and resident Pakistani clients whose wealth show in the foreign country. You can open your Roshan Digital Account in many banks such as HBL, MCB, Meezan, UBL, Standard Chartered, and many other private and public banks.
How to Apply for Roshan Digital Bank Account?
- To apply for a Roshan Digital Account, Non-Resident Pakistanis must follow these instructions.
- First off all, you have to click on “Apply for Roshan Digital Account” in any desire bank’s website like “UBL” to open an account in Islamic or Conventional, Current or Savings version through either Pakistani or any foreign currency.
- After completing the form and submitting the bank require documents, the bank’s representative will respond you within 48 hours.
- You will receive an email through bank Internet Banking service to manage an account and investments.
- You can use your bank’s link to create your user name and password to access and manage the Roshan Digital Account.
- An account holder can easily check their account details such as balance and fund transfer details.
- Resident Pakistanis, whose assets are declared in foreign country want to open their Roshan Digital Account, must visit their nearest bank branch like “UBL Bank Branch”. The bank branch will also proceed for the client’s investment requests.
Required Documents for Roshan Digital Account:
Here we also mention the document details, which bank require at the opening time of Roshan Digital Account.
- To open Roshan Digital Account, you have to provide scanned copy of your CNIC/NICOP/POC.
- Also provide a scanned copy of first 2 pages of your Passport.
- Your recent photographs.
- Must provide Signed and Scanned Signature Specimen Card (SSC)
- Provide a proof of NRP Status like scanned copy of POC, Visa, Entry / Exit Stamps details.
- Professional Proof of your foreign country must provide such as Job Certificate, Employment Card, Iqama, Retirement Letter, and Documents Registered Business.
- Must provide your Source of Income includes Salary Slip, Official Account Statement, Tax Statement, Rental Agreement Documents, and Pension Details.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Roshan Digital Account:
- Non-Resident Individuals who are Pakistani Nationals must have to show their CNIC/SNIC/NICOP.
- Non-Resident Individuals or Foreign National must have Pakistani Origin Card (POC) to open Roshan Digital Account.
Roshan Digital Account Benefits:
This account provides many benefits to the account holder. We are writing the account benefits in this post for the overseas Pakistanis and resident Pakistanis whose wealth declare in abroad. This post will help you to apply for such account and enjoy its benefits. Roshan Digital Account benefits are;
- You can enjoy a Free Debit Card opportunity. By opening an account, the bank issues a free debit card along with international courier charges.
- Also provide Free Internet Banking. The bank does not charge any amount on the usage of Internet Banking. Through internet banking, can do bill payments and transfer the funds within Pakistan.
- Not any Initial Deposit Fee. To open a Roshan Digital Account, there is no Initial Deposit amount.
- No Minimum Balance Requirement to maintain an account.
- An account available in both current and savings terms.
- You can deposit your amount in Pakistani Rupee or also in any foreign country.
- Account holder can digital On-boarding with minimum documentation.
- You can also funded by abroad inward remittance.
An account holder of Roshan Digital Account can also invest in Real Estate, properties, government issued bonds, and others, which allowed by the State Bank of Pakistan.